Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Bigger Picture


As I watched the nurses plug the wires into my husband’s chest (he was getting cardioverted for his atrial flutter), I thought of how grateful I am for the both us to work from home and spend time quality time with each other and with our children from the beginning while they are still so young.

It’s all about the bigger picture isn’t it?

I am not talking about buying a fancy car or the marterial stuff that can come with a successful home business. I am talking about the bottom line. Not spending our time in a tall, cold structure downtown in an office all day, commuting back and forth wondering if our babies took their first steps or first words. Brad and I were both here for those moments.

It puts it into a larger perspective when someone is sick or a family member passes away.

It smacks you head on like a freight train that life is so precious, so amazing that to not be present in it, would be a crime. My own father died some years ago and I remember all of the things he said he wanted to do but never got the chance. Time we didn’t get to spend with each other because he was working outside of the home or in hospital rooms.

I was dancing with my 2-year-old daughter last night while she dozed off and was thinking, “This is what it’s all about. This is our driving motivation, to have these precious moments whenever we want them because we are home with our children while other parents begrudgingly go off to work.”

So whenever you wonder, why I am working towards this home business thing? Is it worth it? Will I make money? Stop. Take a look at the world around you, the people around you and who you want to spend time with, whenever you want to spend time with them. And the answer will undoubtedly be, “Yes, it’s most definitely all worth it.”

Brad & Kelly Smith are founders of their home based business - Mindset Marketing . They are mentors and leaders in Mentors in Motion, Master Key System and Amigo Health Labs. They share their passion and knowledge of the industry within the past 5 years with others in success.

Discover how to get $700 for free: http://www.nhl-amigos.com/ or subscribe to their free newsletter with 7 Tips for Success