Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Gary Halbert - Has Passed Away. . .


“Sad day. I’m speechless. In case you haven’t heard, the infamous Gary Halbert, the Alpha Shitweasel, the Prince of Print, died in his sleep on Easter Sunday. All I can say is, the copywriting world has lost one of its biggest icons. There will NEVER be another Gary Halbert, that’s for sure.” – this is the shocking message I read today when I clicked on Michel Fortin’s latest blog.

I was just getting to know what an incredible icon Gary was in the copywriting & marketing world and he will be missed. His brutally honest, aggressive and raw copywriting blew my mind the first time I heard an interview with Gary and Michel Fortin.
I had already heard about him from Perry Marshall and John Carlton and was so excited to hear Gary Halbert speak even if it was just in audio. Whenever I listen to or meet people who have turned the written word into an art form I am almost in awe. Like so many others Brad and I are drawn to as mentors, Gary didn’t hold any punches and went right for the gut. Don’t you just love that?

He has made a great impact on the world of marketing and helped to create some world class marketers. His work will continue to teach others in the years to come. Peace to you Gary and know that you had a profound impact and made your mark to help so many.

Brad & Kelly
BKS Mindset Marketing
The Master Key System - The Secret behind “The Secret”
You can also check out Gary’s work on his newsletter archives page.